Aadhaar was launched in September 29, 2010 to provide unique identity to every individual. It has crossed 100 crore in 5 and ½ year. This is the fastest digital platform to reach 1 billion (100 cr), the only non US one and the only one by any government.
Benefits of Unique Identity (Aadhaar Number)
- Get Passport in 10 days: By using Aadhaar you can get passport in 10 days. Aadhaar card has been made mandatory for the issuance of passport. Now the person needs to attach the Aadhaar number at the time of online application.
- Opening a Bank Account: It works as a valid address proof for opening a new bank account.
- Address Proof for investment: Now, Aadhaar is also accepted as the proof of address for the purpose of investment in share market.
- Digital Life Certificate: This is called as ‘Jeevan Praman’ for pensioners. Details of the pensioner will be digitally accessed by the agency using Aadhaar.
- Provident Fund (PF): PF money will be disbursed to account holders who have registered their Aadhaar number with the employee provident fund organization.
- Digital Locker: Linking the Aadhaar is necessary to store personal documents on the government’s digital locker.
- To Transfer LPG Subsidy: To transfer the LPG Subsidy to bank account, Aadhaar number is required.
- Jan Dhan Yojana : Under this scheme Only Aadhar number is used to open a bank account.
- To get Maternity Benefits
- Instant Ration Card
- For Social Security & Pension
- Targeted delivery of benefits to the beneficiary.
- Delivery of benefits in a transparent & accountable manner.